Many businesses today are finding that it is harder than ever to get their name in front of prospective customers. Tight advertising budgets are being spread even thinner by the number of media outlets available. The challenge comes in trying to make sure the name of your business, service or product is in front of potential buyers’ eyes at the exact moment they have a need or are considering a purchase.
As consumers become more distracted, traditional media outlets are losing their ability to efficiently reach a targeted market. The internet and social media offer more options to communicate directly but advertisers still need to drive customers to their website. Add to that the crucial sales fact that a consumer has to receive a certain number of impressions before making a decision to buy, and you’ve got a lot to overcome.
The answer for your business could lie in promotional products. According to research conducted by Promotional Products Association International (PPAI), the advantages of using promotional products include:
- Low-cost and advertising flexibility
- Long-lasting and tangible
- Consumer places a perceived value on the item
- Builds goodwill
- Works in conjunction with other media strategies
Consumers have a positive impression of promotional products because they are seen as a gift and not as some type of interruption. They place a value on the item received and tend to look favorably on the company that provided it.
Get Your Name Seen Consistently by Your Target Market
Promotional products work best when they are something that is useful and are seen on a regular basis. Here are a few suggestions that can help give your business, service or product that extra boost:
- Refrigerator Calendar Magnets: How many times does the ordinary family visit the refrigerator each day? Five times, ten times? Now multiply that by the number of days in a year and there is a tremendous opportunity to have your name in front of them on a consistent basis. With the calendar attached you’ll certainly get double the looks and use out the promotional magnet.
- Clothing: Wearing something with your name on it is a silent endorsement for your company. Not only does the wearer provide free advertising space, he or she is spreading your company’s name around to a totally new audience each time the clothing item is worn.
- Mugs and Glasses: We all need to drink water and many people need to get their morning coffee before they can really get into their day. Put your logo and tag line on something they use to hold their drinks and your message will have top-of-mind awareness.
- Writing Instruments: These are always a great idea because they are both cost-effective and useful. Every time recipients make a note to themselves, they will see your name.
Promotional items work well in conjunction with advertising programs to increase brand recognition and motivation to buy. Whether it’s refrigerator calendar magnets, pens or coffee mugs, adding some pizazz to your marketing plan with promotional products is a smart idea.