As an entrepreneur, there are literally a handful of different subjects you must become well-versed in so that you can start, grow and manage your business in an effective manner. Investing the time, energy, and money into learning these various concepts isn’t a hurdle for the entrepreneur who already has their sleeves rolled up with a hunger for success. However, often times the obstacle lies is determining where exactly to begin to study these subjects, and this is particularly the case with accounting.
Here’s a look at 5 different places online that an entrepreneur who needs to learn about accounting shouldn’t miss.
1. AccountingCoach – AccountingCoach.com has received over 9 million visitors and has received more than 1,000 testimonials from different entrepreneurs seeking to learn accounting. Their aim is to provide clear and concise information that will help someone without any background in accounting easily grasp the main concepts at absolutely no cost. Their site is laid out well, with countless essential topics related to accounting. AccountingCoach is highly recommended for entrepreneurs who want to learning accounting quick and easy.
2. The U.S. Small Business Administration – Chances are that as an entrepreneur, you may already be pretty familiar with this website. SBA’s website is loaded with lots of excellent information, tools, and resources for small business owners of all backgrounds. One of the courses they offer which you may not have noticed even if you visit this site frequently is an Introduction to Accounting. You can also search their website for further information and resources on accounting and finance.
3. Bean Counter – Bean Counter is an educational and knowledge-based site with a bit of humor. It offers free accounting and bookkeeping tutorials, lessons, exams, and quizzes to help an entrepreneur get started. They also have a substantial amount useful resources to discover additional material for learning accounting that is mostly free. Be sure not to let the simple design of their website throw you off and make you think that this site doesn’t have much to offer. Spend some time here and you can easily learn a great deal about accounting in a short period of time with some effort.
4. Real Life Accounting – Real Life Accounting is an integrated accounting program designed specifically for people who aren’t accountants. More than 2,000 students from over 30 different countries around the world have benefited from their program. Their site is made up of courses, articles, resources, and questions & answers, with a live instructor available upon request to assist you for a fee if necessary. There are two main paid courses available, and the site is packed with quite a bit of free information if you’re not ready to pay for one of the courses just yet.
5. Tutor2u – Tutor2u is a leading publisher of e-learning resources in several different subjects, with materials in use by over 3,500 schools and colleges in the UK and more than 85 other countries. For entrepreneurs interested in learning accounting and finance, their website features revision presentations, revision notes, and quizzes in dozens of different concepts.
Sit down and spend some quality time browsing through these 5 different resources and you will soon be on your way to mastering accounting before you realize it!
Britney Baker usually writes about getting the best auto insurance comparison over at Auto Insurance Comparison .org.