- Eat less – try intermittent fasting
- Drink more water – finish the glass of room temperature water left on your nightstand, first thing when you wake up
- Smile – it’s infectious.
- Be first – jump into the conversation in the kitchen at lunch today, don’t hold back, say hi to the person walking by you in the hallway
- Read less “news” – more longform
- Listen to more music –it can help focus and productivity
- Finish a lot of little things – making your bed when you get out of it, put your dishes directly into the dishwasher, don’t wait for your weekly status meeting to get an immediate answer if it’s going to take a minute to walk and talk to a colleagues office
- Remain present, in the task at hand and on the things that matter
- Give yourself time to think
- Remain curious
- Stop multi-tasking – do one thing.
- Stand up straight
- Move – walk around the building when you get up to use the restroom
- Stretch – everyday, feel the muscles in your body
- Empathize – care for others, because they are human
- Remember and forget
- Express yourself
- Find the joy
Focus, as we understand it is a difficult thing to quantify. You can however, put a number on your revenue, hours spent or saved on a project, and quality of work – have you ever graded yourself on a piece of work done, was it a C or a B+?
Most importantly, you cannot quantify the sense of accomplishment and genuine fulfillment in your life, when you are able to get back to basics, remove distractions and implement tactics and strategies into action that will change your day today.
Simplify your life and improve the quality of your work, quantity of work, and depth of concentration, thought and mission filled with meaning.
Thanks for reading, enjoy your weekend!