Here is an explanation of the navigation changes that I found. It might have been really nice of them to actually email us all (especially those of us that were viewed in the top 1%) and let us know before the change went into effect. I guess that is just not their style.
How do I find places that I used to see on my top navigation bar?
With the new version of LinkedIn navigation, certain features may have moved or changed. Below is a list of items and how you can find them.
- Inbox – Click the Inbox icon at the top right of your homepage to access your messages and invitations.
- The top navigation bar disappears as you scroll down the page – To see it again, move your cursor to the top of the page. You’ll also see it when you scroll in the upward direction, or scroll all the way to the top.
- Skills and Expertise – Go to http://www.linkedin.com/skills/, or move your cursor over any of the skills listed on a profile and click the title of the skill.
- Recruiter link – If you have a Recruiter account, you’ll find the Recruiter link by moving your cursor over your profile photo at the top right of your homepage and selecting Go to Recruiter. You can also log into Recruiter via http://www.linkedin.com/recruiter/.
- LinkedIn Today, Influencer Posts, and Channels – Move your cursor over Interests at the top of your homepage and select Influencers.
- Your Company Page – Move your cursor over Interests and select Companies. Then search for your Company and click its name in the dropdown list.
- Groups – Move your cursor over Interests and select Groups. You’ll see the list of groups you are a member of.
- Recommendations – Go to your profile page and scroll down to the Recommendations box.
- Polls – Go to polls http://polls.linkedin.com/ or share polls within a group.
- Students and Alumni – Go to LinkedIn Alumni at //www.linkedin.com/college/.
- Signal – Go to http://www.linkedin.com/signal or click the Search icon at the top of your homepage and then click Updates in the top left.
- Manage Team Accounts for Sales Navigator – If you’re a team admin, move your cursor over your profile photo at the top right of your homepage and select Manage Team Accounts.